Sunday, 27 February 2011

sweet charity



A couple of weeks ago, an '80s themed social prompted me to take to the streets of Cardiff in a charity shop-fuelled hunt. After finding a shirt that was both era-appropriate and wearable, I was reminded of the gems that you can discover, while also helping very worthy causes. What's more, Oxfam provide a brilliant online shopping service where I managed to snag a couple of bargains which from the comfort of my very own bed. Say goodbye to the price tags and guilt that confronts you at the paydesk at Topshop!


Sporting this with high-waisted black harem pants, massive earrings and a hair flip-over, it's safe to say I was definitely channelling more Patsy Stone than thrift-chic. Once out of my time-trapped bubble, I think the blouse would look amazing paired with a high-waisted black skirt on a night out, as the blouse falls quite short. I am in love with the zebra-inspired graphic print, and even my housemate has asked to borrow it!


Having already worn this top as daywear and nightwear, I can safely say it's becoming a staple in my wardrobe. For my friend's 21st last week, I tucked it into a black skirt along with black tights which worked well for a more casual night on the tiles. In the daytime, it works amazingly well as a loose-fitting slubby top, over either leggings or skinny jeans.


As winter is finally creeping away from us, I am eagerly awaiting the warmer weather to unleash this cute blouse. Teamed with skinny jeans, I think this would make an adorable springtime look for the day.

What are you waiting for? Ditch the high street and get thrift shopping. Your new spring wardrobe will be that extra special knowing the money spent has helped someone somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment