Monday, 18 June 2012

Review: Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick for Rimmel



When it comes to nude lipsticks, I tend to sway towards the beige end of the spectrum. I don't know what it is about pink – perhaps I'm just scared of being too "girly" – but when push comes to shove, or the clock hand strikes 10 minutes late, I always end up reaching for the beiges, reds and plums over the pinks. For a while now, I've been on the hunt for the perfect beige-toned nude, and, by golly, I think I've found it, all thanks to the Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick Collection for Rimmel. Yes, apparently Miss Moss can do it all, including answering all my lipstick prayers.

The perfect nude in question comes in shade 03. It first grabbed my eye when my housemate sported it, and lo and behold, I dashed out to buy it the following day. Its the perfect mid tone; not so dark as to be unflatteringly ageing, but not so light as to bring back haunting memories as a teenager smearing concealer on your lips (we've all been there). The consistency is similar to MAC's Cremesheens, so the "too much of a good thing" rule does apply and your lips must be prepped beforehand. During the daytime, I've found applying it sparingly straight from the bullet washes me out a little, so instead I prefer to dab it on and work it into the lips. While I have yet to try this theory out, I expect that during nights out, it will sit perfectly with a smoky eye, allowing me to be more liberal with how much I put on.

How it compares with other nudes:

WITHOUT FLASH:
L-R: Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick in 03, Vivo lipstick in Nougat, Accessorize lipstick in Burnt Almond,  MAC Patisserie (Lustre)


WITH FLASH:
L-R: Kate Moss Rimmel lipstick in 03, VIVO Lipstick in Nougat, Accessorize Lipstick in Burnt Almond,  MAC Patisserie (Lustre)

No comments:

Post a Comment