Saturday, 17 November 2012

November: Beauty review

While some monthly beauty reviews may constitute my favourite picks of the previous four weeks, November has played host to a fair few products that I've used up – good and bad. Often, my impatience gets the better of me and I admit defeat to a product which may have proven me wrong had I seen it through to its dying day. As I've used every last drop of these products, I feel they've had a good enough test drive to be given a pass or fail. Without further ado...


Caudalie Vinosource Moisturising Matifying Fluid: A lightweight fluid that didn't irritate my skin or leave a greasy residue. The problem was, because it's so light, I needed to use more of it, and before I knew it, the tube's life had been squeezed out of it. It’s the nicest-feeling moisturiser I’ve used to date (step back, Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel), but I’m still on the hunt for a wonder product that can conquer shine throughout the day.
Would I repurchase? Yes

Alpha-H Liquid Gold: After using every last drop of this resurfacing treatment, I would say it’s going straight on my Christmas list, but I just don’t think I can wait that long to have it back in my skincare routine. Within days of using it, there was a noticeable improvement in the texture of my skin, and now I’ve had to live without it for a couple of weeks, I’ve noticed my complexion regressing.

Would I repurchase? Yes (someone try and stop me)

L’Oreal Mythic Oil Milk: See review here. My other heat protectants just don’t seem to be filling the void since I used the last spritz of this.
Would I repurchase? Yes

MAC Studio Finish SPF 35 Concealer: I have a love/hate relationship with this concealer. At times it blends well, and at other times it works against my foundation and clings to dry patches. What it does provide is the perfect coverage. I’ve just purchased BECCA’s Compact Concealer, so I’m eager to see how it squares up.

Would I repurchase? No

No7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Water for Normal/Oily Skin
: After religiously using lotions, washes and oils, I decided to dive in at the deep end and introduce myself to cleansing waters. What I found with this product was it didn't remove my make-up very effectively (I was going through cotton pads by the handful), and more often than not, the formula felt harsh on my skin. I’m still interested in trying out the illustrious Bioderma Crealine H2O, but this experience has sent me straight back to my trusty Seaweed Purifying Facial Cleanser by The Body Shop.
Would I repurchase? No

Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Mascara
: I’d been interesting in trying MUFE products ever since watching the Pixiwoo ladies rave about them. One trip to Sephora in Barcelona later, and I'm sold; this wand has worked wonders on my stubborn, straight lashes. If you’re like me and favour thick, dramatic lashes (and will turn a blind eye to a few clumps here and there), this mascara could be for you thanks to its dry formula. The only downside is that the brand’s availability in the UK is virtually non-existent, but I’ll be heading to Guru Makeup Emporium to repurchase this imminently.
Would I repurchase? Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment